Sunday, October 28, 2012

Week of Wonderful

I can't imagine that Facebook or some other social media hasn't done for others what it has for our family over the last year.  I have an Aunt that no one knew existed, and a niece we thought we would never know of surface.  The Aunt is Laura Conners.  She is my mother's half sister (same father).  She and he husband Mike were in Colorado this week and we were able to spend some time and learn more about her and her family and her about us.  We've been communicating for almost a year so it was so nice to finally meet face to face. 

Marnina Colby is the other edition.  She is my middle sister's daughter and was given up for adoption at birth.  That was 18 years ago and we never thought that we would know anything about her.  But after a short search on her part she was able to find her 1/2 sister, my niece, on Facebook.  It turned out that her sister (also adopted) found her biological family the same day...the same way.  Marnina is currently on a mission of sorts, in Israel.  She was raised Jewish.  She a beautiful young lady and a typical 18 year old.  She and my niece and their brother were able to finally all meet and spend time together in Florida.  I would have loved to have been there with them just to see the joy on their faces.

But, since I had the pleasure of having my new Aunt here I have the photos to prove it!  The first photo is of Laura.  The next is of her and me.  Jeez my hair looks dark!  The next is Laura and her husband Mike. 


 We had dinner at my sisters house and my son, Brandon, and granddaughter, Evee were able to join us.  He is usually working so getting him to join us is rare so we were lucky to have them there.  I took the opportunity to get some recent pictures!  I haven't had one of he and I in a very long time.  So, here we are and one of he and his cutie pa-too tie daughter.  I have beautiful granddaughters!  Just saying! 

 I did squeak some time in to make a card this weekend.  A request by a co-worker for a baby shower card.  Graphic45 paper's didn't disappoint again!  I've used it almost exclusively of late and I love the way this came out.  I hope she does too!  The next project is a special card for my hubby for our anniversary.  I tried a few ideas today but no luck.  I'll try again tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment