I've been working with G45's Botanical Tea papers and had some scraps to start the project with and was able to pretty much use up the scraps I had without going to new pages. I'll confess that I did use a bit of new pages but plenty there to use for my next project. Maybe for a start on the projects I am now several months behind on for the craft show in October. YIKES!!!
Sitting down for the evening to load pictures I was looking at other Explosion Boxes on Pinterest and I have to say that I am not a bit inspired. They would be great to hold a special Christmas ornament, a CD of special music, a decorated candle (in a votive holder of course). Let's see if I get any sleep tonight!
I only took pictures of the outside of this one. I seem to struggle with the interiors but it did come together nicely. The flower was created by punching the same flower (Stampin Up) four times, curving the petals downward on three and upwards on the top flower, and by placing a large pop dot adhesive between each flower. I glued a clear button with a ribbon pulled through it to the top of the stack of flowers. I curled the thin scraps around a skewer to get the ribbons...it's a new favorite technique for my projects. It may be a gift for a friend for her anniversary.
The motorcycle card was an image I pulled from Google and loved the rough version of the motorcycle. It's difficult to come up with masculine cards and I very happy with these results. It's a one and done since the image wasn't mine but would love to do a whole series of these. I printed the image on velum. Unfortunately you can see the adhesive under the velum in the corners.
This card was inspired by another one I saw on Pinterest or maybe on the G45 site since it does involve using Botanical Tea papers.