Sunday, April 17, 2011

Card Challenged

















As I've said in my profile I have a twin sister who makes beautiful handmade cards. She is currently participating in a challenge that has her making several cards per month.

I make cards on a "as needed" basis and I am horrible at it. Not so much in content. I think I do "ok" but it's not my best talent.

My four year old grand daughter even put me to the test this weekend and beat me hands down.

We had a family member who celebrated a birthday this past week and I needed to make a card for him. My grand daughter also wanted to make a card. I could tell it meant a lot to her so off to my craft room we went.

She looked around and spotted my punches. Circles, flowers, scallops, ovals....she wanted to use them all. I also showed her additional flowers she could "cut out" using the Sizzix machine. She choose the papers from my scrap pile and loved using the "snake tape thingy" (snail tape runner). In the meantime I was trying to create a card myself and was becoming very frustrated with my paper choices and design ideas. I know I obliterated at least six different pieces of card stock and tossed about eight different designs!

About twenty minutes into it my grand daughter was done and I hadn't even begun!

I showed her where to write "I Love You" and sign her name on the inside of the card and where to put the recipients name on the outside of the card and she was done.

Three hours later and with some inspiration from a card I saw on Splitcoast Stampers.com mine was completed! Yes....three hours later! Sad isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment