Sorry....I couldn't help myself! Although there isn't much evil in me, all that know me understand that I am crazy about Halloween. Work schedules and busy weekends in the fall somehow keep me from overdoing my own home in scary displays. I know, I know...if it's important enough I'd find the time and I have in the past..just not much over the last couple of years. Last year I had my gall bladder removed and even though it was suppose to be simple it kept out of work for almost 10 days and down for a good 6 weeks! Ugh. I hope to have a better display this year. A lot of people have sent me this photo on Facebook of skeletons crawling up the side of a house. Ah...they know me so well!
Last week I attended Ghoul's Night Out at my favorite Stampin Up consultants home. It had been a week at work and I started on the project but was actually enjoying visiting with the wonderful girls and my sister who also attended. So, instead I took the projects home and completed them on my own and with my usual Kharen flair. I knew it would have to have a few extra details other than what was in the kit and I have to say I'm pretty happy with it. No offense Michelle T. I love spending time with you and having you as my Stampin Up consultant! I really did enjoy the time. So, here is my completed Witch's Hat. I should have bought another one! I had so much fun with it!
Most of the product is on the front and sides of the hat. I didn't go all the way around but I did use almost all of the leaves in the kit. I also made the acorns dimensional by taking 3 of them, folding them in half and attaching them side to side and strung twine through each of them. It's hard to see them in the photos but love how they came out. I did ink the front sides of every leaf and just kept placing them until I was happy with the layout. I hot glued everything! I wanted to make sure it was secured for a long time. I even maneuvered the burlap into the position that you see by tacking it in place with the glue gun. I added the skulls, sunflower and orange daisies, additional orange and tulle ribbons, spider and spider web and some green leaves. I had to stop myself there! I also made a little burlap bow wrapped with twine...no waste! Until the next blog post Ghouls!