Monday, November 11, 2013

Oh my brain!

I need an off switch!  Ever since I've decided to prepare for a craft show "next year" my brain has been on overload and my wallet is being stretched!  I'm sure these are very rooky moves and I'll learn as I go but I hope they pay off.  But seriously....I need some sleep.

I've been spending hours on Pinterest and have reacquainted myself with Splitcoast Stampers.  I even posted my Bootiful card and one other on the SPC site.  Take a look and comment if you get a chance.  I've also hit the Flea Markets again but learned I didn't have to go to far from my front door to find some inspiration.

We purchased an old sewing machine a couple of years ago for $25 at a Habitat ReStore.  I never find them for this price.  I pulled the sewing machine out and planned to utilize it on my front porch where it has been ever since being very ignored.  The wood began to separate and I thought it was a total loss.  This weekend we found a good piece to place on top of the stand and my husband pulled the wood case off.  I looked at it and asked him to safe the drawer front.  I had already rescued the two small drawers.  As he put it in the trash I thought I wonder what would happen if we pulled the top apart...and I walked away.  Well, great minds think alike and my hubby did just that and I ended up with these treasures!  Wouldn't they make great frames?  Mirrors? Jewelry holders?  OH STOP!!!  I am open to suggestions.  Email me at kharen@comcast.net with suggestions.  One way or another they will be repurposed!  Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment